Grate Grinds Simple/Fresh Salmon Burger Recipe – serves 4
- 24 oz. Fresh Salmon filet, skin-off, boneless
- 2 each Whole XL Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 TBSP Mayo
- 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 TSP Grate Grinds American Regional Spice Blend: Cedar Plank Seafood Seasoning, Maryland Seafood Seasoning, Lemon Garlic Dill Seasoning, Hawaiian Seafood Seasoning or Seattle Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Cut the fresh salmon in 1/4″ dice and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly mix.
3. If you like the coarser type of texture, as shown, just form the salmon mixture into 4 equal size patties.
4. If you like a finer texture, place all the ingredients into a food processor, fitted with a metal blade and pulse quickly for 10 seconds.
5. Remove the mixture from the food processor and form into 4 equal sized patties.
6. Preheat your grill (medium high), sauté pan or oven (375 F.). Place your salmon burgers onto your lightly oiled grill or into the sauté pan with a few TBSP of olive oil or onto a lightly oiled sheet pan for the oven. Let cook for 3 to 6 minutes or until the edges of the salmon burger start to lighten turn golden brown. Flip them over and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 145 F., as recommended by the USDA. Use an instant read thermometer for that task.
Serve on a nice Kaiser or Brioche roll, with lettuce, tomato, shaved red onions and some Dijonnaise (mayo with a little Dijon mustard in it) or mayo or tarter sauce, to name a few spreads.