"Crushed" Red Pepper Flakes
"Crushed" Red Pepper Flakes - The term "crushed red pepper" is a generic term used for the red pepper flakes in pizza restaurants and general cooking. Ours comes from a blend of arbols, japones and cayenne peppers to give it a real red pepper kick! This is one of nine types of chile flakes we carry!
Share this Product
General uses and cooking ideas
Grind our Grate Grinds "Crushed" red pepper flakes on:
- slice of fresh hot pizza
- fluffy scrambled eggs
- steaming hot pasta with extra virgin oil and parmesan cheese
- fresh green salads with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions
- salad dressings to give it a little spice kick of heat
- marinara sauce to make it into Arrabiatta Sauce
- Clam sauce to give it a spicy twist
- barbecue sauce to take it from mild to spicy
- Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Indonesian foods
The list is endless. This is a very versatile spice, but be careful, "crushed" red pepper flakes are spicy. You can always add more, but you can't take it out. Grind some on your food or sauce and taste it. Add more as necessary to bring up the heat level to your preference.
We offer these chile flakes in a reusable 4 oz. glass spice grinder bottle with a quality plastic grinder top filled with 1.3 oz. of chile flakes. These grinders only crush the chile flakes to release their spice. They do not grind the flakes into a powder/granules.