New York "Red Sauce" seasoning
New York "Red Sauce" - This is the Grate Grinds spice blend version of the classic New York City marinara called "Red Sauce", made with Merlot Pacific Sea Salt!
Share this Product
New York "Red Sauce" - This is an authentic Grate Grinds version of the classic New York “Red Sauce” from the Italian-Americans cuisine of Brooklyn New York. It is based on the classic marinara sauce, except New York style.
Spice Ingredients: Merlot Pacific sea salt, onion, sugar, garlic, celery, carrot, tomato, crushed red chiles, black pepper and basil.
New York "red Sauce" is available in a 4 oz. spice grinder bottle.
Please click on the RECIPE tab for detailed cooking instructions.
New York "Red Sauce" Cooking Instructions
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 TBSP New York "Red Sauce"
1 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Red Wine (full bodied)
This is a very simple cooking process to acheive great results buy only using a few ingredients: Grate Grinds New York "Red Sauce" seasoning, Tomato sauce, olive oil, water and red wine. - Figure 1.
Figure 1. Red Sauce ingredients.
1) Heat ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium heat. The oil should only be medium heat, not smoking hot or the spice mixture will burn.
2) Add 1 ½ tablespoons of the New York Red Sauce seasoning to the oil. Stir for 15 seconds, only! - Figure 2.
Figure 2. Blooming the New York "Red Sauce" spice mix in oil.
3) Add one 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes. You could add diced tomatoes or tomato sauce, but the crushed gives you the best texture.
4) Add ½ cup water and ½ cup full bodied red wine (or 1 cup of just water if you prefer) to the tomato sauce and cover. - Figure 3.
Figure 3. Simmering the Red Sauce.
5) Simmer on low covered for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
New York "Red Sauce" ready for your pasta or Chicken Parmesan!