Small Grate Planks
Small Grate Planks - Thick durable cedar cooking planks for single portions of fish, steaks, chicken or pork. You can create your own gourmet dishes by cooking and serving main course driectly on the cedar planks. The limit is your imagination!
Share this Product
Small Grate Planks - These hand cut and finished cedar cooking planks are used to cook fish, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb and vegetables directly on the cedar planks, in the style used by Native American Indians.
Each pack consists of 4 pieces of cedar planks. Each one is: 8” long by 3.5” wide and is ¾” thick. The four pack is: 8” long by 3.5” wide by 2 ¾” thick.
Please click on the RECIPE tab here for cooking instructions and ideas.
Small Grate Planks
GRATE PLANKS “HOW TO” directions:
1) Soak cedar planks in water for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Figure 1.
Figure 1. Cedar planks soaking in water.
2) Preheat grill or oven to 350° - 375° F.
3) Season food with a Grate Grinds spice blend and place them directly on the cedar planks. Figure 2.
Figure 2. Small Grate Plank with salmon filet's seasoned with Cedar Plank Seafood Seasoning.
4) Place cedar planks in the middle rack of the oven OR on the grill with indirect heat (no flame directly below the cedar planks). Close the grill cover.
CAUTION: Use a water spray bottle if the edges of the wood catch on fire on the grill. Never cook food unattended as planks are wood and could catch fire.
5) Cook the food to your desired doneness. Note: Use an instant read thermometer to check the temperature of the food.
6) Carefully remove the cedar planks with oven mitts and ENJOY. Your food will stay moister and the wood planks will impart a gentle cedar flavor.
Figure 3. Barbecued Salmon filet's on Small Grate Planks. Beautiful, seasoned, with a hint of cedar and very moist!
You can reuse the cedar planks many times if you do not char them directly over the grill flames, just wash and dry them after each use.